- Must hold a “B” Class Operator Certificate by the Ontario TSSA.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in ice rink maintenance
- O.R.F.A. Certified Ice Technician designation preferred
- Must have working knowledge of Cimco 6000E and HVAC Metasys programs.
- Experience with Frick Screw compressors an asset
- Ability to maintain the buildings environmental, mechanical and electrical systems is essential.
- Ability to work flexible and demanding hours including nights, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Experience in supervising, hiring and training of part time staff is essential.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients and co-workers.
While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; Constantly moves about the facility and event site before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer