Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in housekeeping or event setup in a convention center, hotel, sports venue or other public assembly facility, with at least one (1) year of supervisory responsibility
High school diploma or equivalent GED; College degree in Business, Hospitality Mgmt or related field preferred
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Work under high pressure in meeting urgent deadlines
- Plan, direct, and evaluate the work of subordinates
- Provide leadership to housekeeping personnel
- Operate a wide variety of equipment including walk behind scrubbers, riding floor scrubbers and other pieces of equipment as required
- Operate a cardboard baler and trash compactor
- Analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language and perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days in a row
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal, written or diagram instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employee in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will frequently move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees; position will require employee to occasionally bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect equipment and building infrastructure; employee will as needed operate fork lift, high lift in assessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, radios and printers; employee will constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will occasionally as maintenance, operations, emergency situations or business demands lift up to 75 pounds
- The duties of this position are performed both indoors and outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation. Employee must also be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays as there is a varying schedule depending on events.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER