Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation of the assigned Spectra venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets, stand sheets, head cashier reports, monthly inventory control, projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control, P&L financial statements.
- In the absence of a separate Executive Chef position, the Food and Beverage Director will oversee direction of all kitchen and culinary event-planning activities, including management of food and labor cost control. Assit in arranging back stage catering and dressing room needs as requested.
- Final decision-maker on equipment purchases and leases.
- Lead training of concession employees. Give guidance on providing customer service while moving the lines to accomodate large crowds.
- Strong time management skills. Must be able to ensure that all locations are ready to go prior to doors opening and intermissions.
- Work hand in hand with in house clients, such as Hockey team to plan "theme nights" and special offers to promote ticket sales.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as required.
- Author and amend contracts; authorize terms.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of sale to guest ratio. (This is a crucial part of job so maybe more emphasis here)
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of goods.
- Program and maintain the point of sale system to ensure accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future goals.
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time, follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Evaluates each manager’s performance and makes recommendations for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing plans with the appropriate department heads.
Establishes and maintains personal relationships with show managers, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue in a positive light.
Education and Experience:
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major; accounting minor or credits preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience managing multiple concession stands in an Arena or Theatre setting.
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association of Concessionaires.
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation training course certification.
- Culinary experience in high-volume setting. Chef training a plus.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.