High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
Customer service experience and exceptional customer service, communication skills.
- Comfortable working with the public with an outgoing and friendly personality
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team, remaining flexible in your role
Ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Ability to work the majority of Arena events at the Iowa Events Center.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and in high pressure situations. Position requires frequent attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position requires constant use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients including: greeting, directing clients verbally and with visual cues towards various building locations. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients and determine optimal solution to their concern. Employee must frequently work both independently and as part of a team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently move about various areas of the buildings in the course of directing or escorting customers to their seats. Employee must frequently communicate in-person and via in-house phones with supervisors to exchange information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. Constant exposure to a moderate loud environment and frequently to constantly communicating with guests in a loud environment. Frequent to constant exposure to crowded workspaces and crowded events with thousands of guests in attendance. The employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions by entrances prevalent at the time of events, jackets are provided.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.