- Creative ideas for new promotions, goals, and other tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
Knowledgeable in all administrative procedures established by the civic center.
Skill in public relations, oral and written communications, public speaking, contract negotiations, program planning, and auditing.
Ability to identify potential problems and make plans for corrective action.
Ability to analyze data and numbers that affect duties and goals.
- Minimum of five years experience in a public assembly facility in sales and marketing.
Education / Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role are primarily in a leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to explain details to a variety of audiences, ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors in an office and/or warehouse environment and outdoors as necessary and required by certain events. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during move-in days and event days.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER