- Past experience working in a food production kitchen or similar industry preferred.
- Ability to positively interact with diverse personalities, including co-workers and managers in a variety of fast-paced work situations.
- Must have active listening and effective communication skills at a basic level of English.
- Ability to be detail-oriented, multi-task and effectively prioritize in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and long hours
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task and prioritize work under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards or directions including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent use of interpersonal, communication skill with co-workers and management staff. Position requires frequent ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a part of a team for a variety of tasks. Ability to learn proper sanitation and cleaning techniques.
- While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation of product, feeling, and lifting. Employee will frequently push, pull carts of dishes and climb, stoop, kneel to reach supplies and product. Exposure to loud environment including loud food production machinery and crowded workspace. Exposure to hot plates, dishes and sharp objects. Exposure to wet floors. Employees will frequently be required to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision requires ability to constantly adjust focus, peripheral vision and close vision to stock product and operate equipment. Ability to frequently hear communication of others in a loud food production environment.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud depending on daily work load of catered events, especially when kitchen equipment is in operation. Job requires extensive and continuous standing and walking.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER