- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, marketing or related field
- One to three years of increasingly responsible experience in event management in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting
- Additional years of experience may be substituted for formal education, licenses or certificates
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and Internet software
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a current CPR certificate and a valid state driver’s license
- Ability to identify the needs of users of the facility and familiarity with facility use contracts
- Experience in crowd management, control techniques, customer service practices as well as Public Relations
- Knowledge of principles of supervision and training, fire and public safety regulations as well as relevant federal, state and local regulations
- Knowledge of food service practices and regulations as well as operational characteristics of events
- Familiar with A/V equipment and electronic systems in stadiums, arenas, convention centers or public assembly facilities
- Experience with budget preparation and control
- Familiarity with terminology used in entertainment/convention/public assembly settings
- Must have a professional demeanor and positive attitude and be proactive
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended number of days
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud during events, depending on the incumbent’s location, and minimal during non-event times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER