- Minimum of two (2) years of increasingly responsible event management experience in a multiuse facility, convention center or other public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university. Major course work in facility management, hospitality, marketing, business administration or related field preferred.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A/V Equipment, and relevant federal, state, and local regulations.
- Production experience involving banquet and conference events including, non-profit fundraisers, vendor shows, weddings, and meetings. Experience in audio, video, and lighting production strongly preferred.
- Self motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this position, employee will frequently stand and walk for long periods of time and climb stairs and/or ladders; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Employee will also use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and adjust focus.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.