Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/HRIS systems. Experience with Sage and ADP a plus. Extensive experience preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing, environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally, supportively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to delegate tasks efficiently and develop staff to next level.
- Ability to adhere to highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism, and discretion. Ability to execute solid management decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Possess solid working knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours (i.e. evenings, weekends, and holidays), as required by event or business necessity.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with company and business contacts.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or minimum of two years of experience in business, management, general office or accounting experience.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; occasionally moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER