- Two years of increasing responsible experience in the installation, maintenance, and removal of telephone, data, personal computers, and wireless network systems.
- A combination of specialized technical training in the installation of telephone/data systems and technical education desired.
- Ability to work a variable work schedule (including evenings and weekends, as required), depending on event and business requirements.
- Experience in public facility highly preferred.
- CompTIA A+ certification.
Special Characteristics and Knowledge:
- Methods and materials of telephone/data/data systems equipment and operations.
- A basic understanding of how PCs function in a networking environment.
- Principles and techniques of maintenance and repair for telephone systems and related equipment.
- A Basic Understanding of wireless mobile devices including but not limited to laptops, cell phones and tablets.
- Advanced computer proficiency and Microsoft Office products knowledge to include: Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Safe work practices.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high-pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with staff including following verbal, written or a diagram of instructions. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts with being able to openly communicate with all staff. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for a variety of tasks. Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language. As a member of the Technical Servers Team, this employee may be exposed to confidential information pertaining to both internal and external clients. Employee must be able to exercise discretion while still performing duties.
While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and verify the work completion. Position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect equipment and build infrastructure; employee will as needed, operate high lift in assessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of wire, wood, paint or other equipment. Employee will operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, copy machines and printers; employee will constantly communicate via radio, telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will frequently throughout maintenance, operations, and business demands lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER