- Degree in Facility Management or related field preferred
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Minimum of three years (3) experience in facility operations supervision or with comparable increasing responsibility in an arena, stadium, convention center, public assembly facility with knowledge of set up/housekeeping and/or event coordination.
- Previous experience working with unions
- Demonstrated knowledge of supervisory skills and principles, with experience in work crew supervision and working on a varied work schedule in facility operations
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Must be comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity of OSHA requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary, including excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess valid driver’s license or have the ability to acquire
- Possess valid forklift certification or have the willingness to acquire
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal, written or diagram instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employee in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will frequently move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees; position will require employee to occasionally bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect equipment and building infrastructure; employee will as needed operate fork lift, high lift in assessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, radios and printers; employee will constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee will occasionally as maintenance, operations, emergency situations or business demands lift up to 75 pounds
- The duties of this position are performed both indoors and outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation. Employee must also be willing to work nights/weekends/holidays as there is a varying schedule depending on events.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER