- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal & communications skills & the ability to function & make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Ability to multi-task under time constraintsAbility to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to respond calmly and make rational decisions, when handling conflicts
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days
- Minimum (2-4) two to four years of event management experience in a public assembly venue preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered
Education / Training:
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD & Ungerboeck EBMS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or better earned from an accredited college or university with major course work in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field or related experience.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will frequently be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.