To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) from a four-year accredited college or university with major coursework in business or public administration or related fields.
- Minimum 6 years progressively responsible experience in supervision and/or management of a facility of similar size and description.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in contract negotiation, business law, purchasing procedures, and supervising personnel.
- Experience in labor relations and union contracts, if applicable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational ability.
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of entertainment or convention facilities of a similar description.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the convention industry.
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the facility management industry.
- Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel and office management.
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel and execute applicable solutions.
- Ability to manage a facility of same size and type.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office; knowledge of Spreadsheets and Word Processing and standard office equipment is required. Prefer some knowledge of Event Booking software.
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the General Manager Job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the General Manager Job.
- While performing the responsibilities of the General Manager Job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- While performing the responsibilities of the General Manager, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the General Manager will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the General Manager Job.
- Incumbent works in an office setting with minimal adverse exposure to environmental hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER