- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university with major course work in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A/V equipment and relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Production experience involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast paced high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including long nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will frequently be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- Physical demands:
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, radios, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work environment:
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
Spectra is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer.