- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Verifiable work in the electrical field, working with event power, stage hand with stag lighting/power experience. Or verifiable electro-mechanical maintenance.
Education / Training:
- High school diploma, or equivalent GED
- Graduation from accredited trade school in related field is desirable
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a CPR certificate and AED certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a driver’s license
- Knowledge of relevant fire code and OSHA safety regulations
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Knowledge of: Basic operations, tools, materials and terms used in facility and equipment maintenance; uses and purposes of common hand and power tools; typical building hardware and shop practices.
- Knowledge of temporary power installation.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft office applications, internet access and data entry.
- Ability to work from elevated surfaces, such as ladders and lifts.
- Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team; must have a positive attitude.
- Ability to analyze challenges, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and make recommendations for improvement to Engineering Management and implement approved recommendations in support of organizational objectives
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users, as well as local, state and federal code enforcement personnel
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of days.
- Ability to work from and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to perform general shop math to calculate cost, ratio, proportions, surfaces, volumes, weights and measures.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to communicate and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during /after events to interact with internal/external clients; Position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to evaluate and inspect/install utility services; employee will as needed operate high lift to support the exhibitor requirements for the event. Employee will be required to identify or match colors/tones of coded floor plans. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and infrequently move more than 100 pounds.
- The duties of this position are regularly performed indoors in varying conditions and occasionally outdoors as necessary. The employee frequently works near moving equipment and mechanical parts, vibration and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to hot or cold temperatures and/or wet or humid conditions.. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and may work with chemicals such as cleaners, paint, and solvents. The noise level in the work environment is normally quiet to moderate and occasionally loud.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.