The Premium Event Supervisor is responsible for supporting the Suites & Restaurant Manager(s) with administrative and operational functions related to providing support for all events at the Wells Fargo Arena and other duties as assigned. The Premium Event Supervisor will also oversee the active duties of all staff including set-up, stocking and restocking of products, opening and closing procedures and maintaining the productivity of the suite pantry and suite storage areas.
• Assists Manager on duty in preparation for event.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of the suite attendants and bartenders on a per shift basis,
including training and enforcing work procedures and service standards.
• Ensures that all equipment is set up properly and operating efficiently and accurately.
• Ensures all areas remain clean, sanitized and safe.
• Adheres to and enforces inventory and labor control measures.
• Cashes out associates following cash handling procedures.
• Determine event time-line with manager and communicate with culinary staff.
• Inputs suite pre-orders into POS accurately and delivery to culinary team.
• Maintains accurate inventories and has good knowledge of product on hand.
• Ensures accuracy of all deliveries.
• Performs opening and closing procedures for assigned area.
• Support as a suite server or bartender when needed.
• Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operations with assistance of
• Determines down time projects for suite level staff and bartenders.
• Assists with set up and teardown of bars.
• Ensures accuracy of buffet setup and teardown.
• Locks and secures the suite level.
• Assist with backstage catering needs.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associates or higher education degree in Hospitality Management, Business or related field.
• Degree requirement may be substituted for four or more years’ experience in hospitality management, food
& beverage management, culinary management, business management or related position.
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced event driven environment.
• Intermediate computer skills in a Windows format with experience in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize many tasks.
• Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
• Ability to consistently work a varied schedule including evenings and weekends to support catered
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to multi-task and prioritize work. Position requires constant attention to complex details on banquet event orders and accuracy of specified standards of work including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent use of excellent interpersonal, professional communication skills with co-workers, management staff and guests in person and by phone & email. Requires maintaining a well-groomed professional appearance. Requires frequent ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a
part of a team for a variety of tasks. Ability to maintain a positive and productive attitude in high pressure situations. Ability to read and comprehend complex documents including Banquet Event Orders or temporary staff documents. Ability to learn new computer systems, typing skills and understanding navigating software in Microsoft Office Suite.
While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation, and feeling while using basic office equipment such as a computer, phone, copy machine, POS System etc. Frequent exposure to a loud event environment with up to thousands of guests in attendance. Employees will frequently be required to lift up to 30 pounds, and push/pull up to 100 pounds to transport materials within the facility. Vision requires ability to constantly operate a computer or other office equipment by adjusting focus and ability read detailed material. Ability to
frequently hear communication of others is a frequently loud event-based environment.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate to loud depending on daily events, especially in situations involving live music or thousands of guests. Employees will be required to sit and/or use office equipment for long periods of time. Ability to move about a large facility is required.
This job description is subject to change.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.