The Catering Sales Manager has a primary duty of making sales and obtaining orders or contracts for venue. This position is responsible for generating, managing and coordinating outside catering sales, as well as initiating, directing and implementing marketing functions in the Catering Department. The Catering Sales Manager will independently manage and oversee all aspects of full group operations from reservation, through contract negotiation and finalization, to group reception and event catering. The Catering Sales Manager is customarily and regularly engaged away from the venue in order to attend networking events, make sales calls to clients or potential clients, or obtaining new sales leads.
The Catering Sales Manager maintains a consistently positive and professional relationship with internal and external clients. The Catering Sales Manager will handle sales and customer service issues including providing outstanding customer service; researching, resolving and clarifying invoice questions; and providing knowledgeable and appropriate suggestions regarding menu selections.
The Catering Sales Manager will facilitate the flow of information internally, as well as communicate with all guests and vendors. Must be available to assist with general Catering operations, as needed.
The Catering Sales Manager must be able to work a variable shift, including evenings and weekends, depending upon event requirements, to best serve our customers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated proficiency and successful experience in catering sales generation, contract negotiation and pricing, event scheduling, training, catering, banquets and menu development.
• Ability to work independently both on and off venue property with little supervision or oversight.
• Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office programs with an emphasis on creating word documents, Excel spreadsheets, email); working knowledge of POS systems.
• Ability to adhere to high standard of business etiquette, professional verbal and written communication.
• Ability to consistently represent the Company in a professional, positive and knowledgeable manner.
• Ability to adhere to highest standard of confidentiality and discretion.
• Demonstrated ability to produce detail-oriented, accurate work.
• Ability to work a varied schedule, which may include weekends and evenings, as required to ensure outcome.
• Ability to travel to outside sales calls and/or events.
• Proven ability to make solid, appropriate and independent decisions.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.), plus minimum 6 months related hospitality industry experience and/or training.
• 2 or more years in a sales role, with verifiable sales success.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally to move objects (files, boxes).
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER