- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to read and accurately interpret event resumes for room sets
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Experience in public facility strongly preferred
- Familiarity with OSHA requirements
- Demonstrated experience in handling multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency with various event sets
- Complete and pass on-site Forklift Certification class within 6 months of hire
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of 10+ employees with minimal direction
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license highly desirable
- Demonstrated self-starter
- Flexible availability to work a varied schedule including long hours, days, nights, weekends & holidays.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal, written and diagram instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will frequently be in leadership role; this requires directing others verbally and/or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for variety of tasks.
While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to set-up, tear down or clean in various areas of the building and grounds. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or match colors/tones of furniture, dance floor, carpet or other items as necessary. Employee will as needed operate various machines in cleaning and maintenance of building; employee will constantly communicate via radio and in-person with staff to exchange accurate information. Employee mayfrequently be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER