High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Demonstrated experience in general maintenance and repair of related building systems and equipment
Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and meet tight deadlines with limited direction
Knowledge of essential tools and equipment used in maintaining building and equipment repairs
General familiarity with OSHA requirements desired
Strong attention to detail
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally & in writing in the English language
Ability to report for emergencies as required
- Flexibility availability to work long hours, overnights, weekends and holidays
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently asked to multi-task under time constraints. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to foster collaboration, ability to recognize and resolve conflicts, ability to openly communicate with internal and external clients. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently and as part of a team for a variety of tasks.
- While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment and tools. Employee will frequently move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to teract with internal/external clients. Position frequently will reach, bend, stoop, or crouch in order to work on equipment and building infrastructure; employee operate various power tools, drills, saws, fork lift, and high lift in ssessment of and maintenance of the building and equipment. Employee will equently identify or match colors/tones of wood, paint or other equipment. Employee will occasionally operate a computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines and printers; and constantly communicate via radio and in-person with others in English, and be required exchange accurate information. Employee will occasionally lift up to 75 pounds as maintenance, operations, emergency situations or business demands require.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment; and moderate to loud during event days and when equipment is in operation.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.