- Six months or more experience bartending or bartending school preferred.
- Accurate cash handling skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be self-directed while working in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and long hours.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently communicating with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business like and respectful manner. Required to constantly multi-task between two or more tasks and prioritize between these tasks while working under time limits in moderate to high pressure situations. This position requires constant attention to details following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a part of a team for a variety of tasks. Ability to learn proper techniques for serving alcoholic beverages. Ability to speak and read in English at an intermediate level. Ability to handle cash with accuracy and responsibly. This includes ability to calculate basic math functions including addition and subtraction, calculations of percentages.
- While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation of product, feel. Employee will frequently push & lift food product and supplies. Frequently requires employee to pull, climb, stoop, kneel to push carts of supplies. Vision requires ability to constantly adjust focus and close vision to read instructions. Ability to frequently hear communication of others is a loud event environment. Constant standing, walking and moving about a large event facility is required. Ability to lift 50 pounds, and push carts of product up to 150 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. Exposure to loud environment including frequently communicating with guests in a loud environment, working in crowded workspaces and in crowded events with 1000 guests or more. Exposure to potentially intoxicated guests. Employees will frequently work on tasks independently or on small teams.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER