- Graduate of an accredited college or university with major coursework in business administration or related field
- Three to five years experience in box office operations
- Two or more years supervisory experience or any combination of education and experience that will have provided the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to perform effectively under stressful situations
- Ability to work with, motivate, support and involve employees in accomplishing goals and objectives
- Ability to implement modern office procedures
- Ability to define, analyze and solve problems
- Ability to coordinate ticket office procedures with other staff
- Ability to work variable hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to safely and accurately handle and account for large sums of money
- Ability to handle difficult situations with courtesy and tact when dealing with the public and promoters
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other staff, event promoters and the general public
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Skill in operating modern office equipment including computers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER