- Ability to understand and consistently follow work rules, procedures and directions
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic mathematical functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with guests, employees and outside contractors
- Ability to operate mechanized equipment such as blowers, buffers and vacuums
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk, kneel, crouch and bend over; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors and occasionally outdoors in all types of weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Contact with water, liquids or cleaning material. Exposure to dirt and dust. Rotating shifts, extended hours and emergency call-ins. Work in cramped spaces.
Equipment Generally Used:
- Mops, brushes, scrappers, brooms, motorized blowers, buffers and various mechanized equipment
- Cleaning materials
- Garbage containers, buckets and carts
- Two-way radios
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER