- Two years of increasingly responsible administrative, general office or accounting experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- High level of proficiency with computers, Microsoft applications, accounting/payroll/HRIS systems. Experience with Solomon, ADP a plus, experience preparing spreadsheets and reports.
- Consistent and reliable attention to detail, accuracy and validity.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, changing, environment. Must work well under pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to interact with a diverse spectrum of individuals calmly, professionally, supportively.
- Able to communicate clearly in the English language both orally and in writing using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Type or word process at a speed necessary for successful job performances.
- Business letter writing and basic report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and file keeping.
- Principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
• The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-event times.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc.; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; occasionally moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER