SPECIAL CHARACTERISTICS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Operational characteristics, services and activities of venue sales and marketing program.
- Understand the organization and operation of the convention center and of the outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities
- Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
- Modern and complex principles and practices of event scheduling and booking operations.
- Principles and practices of accounting
- Principles and practices of budget preparation and control.
- Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
- Principles of crowd management.
- Client needs as they apply to venue usage.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Adobe software packages, Photoshop, Indesign, Spark, is a plus.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Research, analyze and evaluate new service delivery methods, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Perform responsible and difficult secretarial work involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Understand the organization and operation of the convention center and of the outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contracted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
Four years of increasingly responsible sales and marketing experience for a major stadium, convention center, or performing arts facility including some supervisory responsibility.
A Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with major course works in Marketing, business administration, or a related field
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.