Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to supervise kitchen staff.
Ability to cost out menus and create new menu items when needed.
Able to operate standard kitchen equipment to including the broiler, steamer, convection oven, mixer, meat slicer and chef knife etc.
Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, business-like and respectful manner which focuses on generating a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
Ability to speak read and write in English.
Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
Possess valid food handling certificate if required by state and federal regulations.
Education, Qualifications and Experience:
- Professional training through a culinary education or working in a fast-paced fine dining restaurant/catering facility required. Previous experience working in a supervisory capacity in a kitchen required.
- Experience levels for position include a 2 year Culinary degree or a 3 year A.C.F. apprenticeship and/or 2 years previous experience as a Executive Chef and/or related experience.
- Must have various experience levels in volume feeding, ala carte, fine dining, catering, baking and pastry, and purchasing storage and handling
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of staff.
- Up to date knowledge of M.S.D.S. Criteria Procedures, Safety Guidelines, First Aid/C.P.R., Environmental Health Codes, Local, State and Federal Guidelines.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Well skilled in all technical and sanitary aspects of food preparation and presentations
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER