- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative/secretarial experience
- Proficiency in word processing and related applications, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in Internet research skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to handle multiple assignments
- Provide a high level of professional and courteous customer service
- Respond to staff, client and community requests in a timely and professional manner
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to maintain highly confidential information is required
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, and clients
- Must possess strong planning, organization, and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of the Georgia Open Records Act
- Understand and follow written /oral instructions
- Work effectively and efficiently in groups and independently to complete tasks
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and internet applications
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER