- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, marketing, business administration or related field required
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible event management experience in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting highly preferred
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office programs; experience with AutoCAD preferred
- Knowledge of operational characteristics of events, including crowd management and control techniques; fire and public safety regulations, food service practices, A/V equipment and relevant federal, state, and local regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Production experience involving concert set up, audio, video, lighting, and rigging preferred
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to function and make management decisions in a fast-paced high pressure environment with strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including, early mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended number of consecutive days.
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via radio/walkie, telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs.
- The duties of this position are performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments is usually moderate to loud during events and minimal during non-even times.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER