- Proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools related to job functions
- Applicable safety rules and procedures
- Customer Service practices
- Work from general instructions and specifications, with minimal supervision
- Perform general labor related tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Grasp, hold, bend and twist a wide range of tools, equipment and materials
- Operate a wide variety of equipment including vans, pick-up trucks, forklifts, high-lifts, floor scrubbers, and other vehicles as required
- Provide directions to others (part-time and temporary team members)
- Maintain a calm demeanor while providing corrective feedback to team members during stressful and/or time sensitive situations.
- Work effectively in a service oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Assess organizational needs of work group to meet demands of a given task or goal.
- Communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
- Adapt communication style and delivery to suit a wide variety of workers, some of whom may be transient.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors and facility users
- Work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended (long) work days and extended numbers of day.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- One year of increasingly responsible experience in housekeeping or event setup in a convention center, hotel, sports venue or other public assembly facility, with at least one (1) year of supervisory responsibility
Education / Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
Licenses or Certificates:
- Possession of or ability to obtain forklift certification.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Ohio driver’s license
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following verbal, written or diagram instruction, following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee occasionally lifts and moves variety of facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients. Employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may occasionally lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are regularly performed indoors in varying conditions and occasionally outdoors as necessary. The employee frequently works near moving equipment and mechanical parts, vibration and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to hot or cold temperatures and/or wet or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and may work with chemicals such as cleaners, paint, and solvents. The noise level in the work environment is normally quiet to moderate and occasionally loud
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER