- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates or higher education degree in Hospitality Management, Business or similar field.
- Degree requirement may be substituted for two or more years’ experience in hospitality management, food & beverage management, business management or related administrative management position.
- Excellent written communication & interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced event driven environment.
- Intermediate computer skills in a Windows format with experience in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize many tasks.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently and also as part of a team.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including days, evenings, and weekends to support catered functions.
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to multi-task and prioritize work. Position requires constant attention to complex details on banquet event orders and accuracy of specified standards of work including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Position requires frequent use of excellent interpersonal, professional communication skills with co-workers, management staff and guests in person and by phone & email. Requires maintaining a well-groomed professional appearance. Requires frequent ability to work on a task independently and frequently work as a part of a team for a variety of tasks. Ability to maintain a positive and productive attitude in high pressure situations. Ability to read and comprehend complex documents including Banquet Event Orders or temporary staff documents. Ability to learn new computer systems, typing skills and understanding navigating software in Microsoft Office Suite.
- While performing duties of the job, the employee will constantly be required to grasp, fingering manipulation, and feeling while using basic office equipment such as a computer, phone, copy machine, fax machine, etc. Frequent exposure to a loud event environment with up to thousands of guests in attendance. Employees will frequently be required to lift up to 30 pounds, and push/pull up to 100 pounds to transport materials within the facility. Vision requires ability to constantly operate a computer or other office equipment by adjusting focus and ability read detailed material. Ability to frequently hear communication of others is a frequently loud event-based environment.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate to loud depending on daily events, especially in situations involving live music or thousands of guests. Employees will be required to sit and/or use office equipment for long periods of time. Ability to move about a large facility is required.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.