Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to set-up equipment in various areas of the building and grounds. Employee may be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
- Significant experience with digital consoles – preferably Digico
- Ability to patch and set up a system
- Ability to plan and execute an audio system for a wide variety of events
- Knowledge of theatrical and concert standards for audio systems
- Experience micing various types of instruments in multiple configurations
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Comfortable working in lifts, on ladders, and with elevated work positions
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with guests, employees and outside contractors
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions
- Capable of physical tasks for short periods of time
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience running audio for live events, preferably both in FOH & monitor mix positions
- Ability to work flexible schedule based on event needs, including: nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Dependable with reliable transportation
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.