Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment, supplies and/or tools. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in order to set-up equipment in various areas of the building and grounds. Employee may be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment and moderate to loud during event days when equipment is in operation.
- Must have working knowledge of ETC Eos family lighting console programming and networking – hands on experience with the Gio console preferred
- Must be familiar with DMX-controlled devises and moving lights.
- Must demonstrate basic troubleshooting in lighting systems.
- Must be able to read, understand, and execute lighting plans and paperwork.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Comfortable working in lifts, on ladders, and with elevated work position.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with guests, employees and outside contractor
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; exercise initiative, resourcefulness, good judgment and accept responsibility for own actions
- Capable of physical tasks for short periods of time
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in lighting for live events
- Ability to work flexible schedule based on event needs, including: nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Dependable with reliable transportation
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER.