This position is based at the Iowa Events Center. The Iowa Events Center features a variety of flexible spaces to host events of all types and sizes. The Iowa Events Center is a unique combination of three venues under one roof: Wells Fargo Arena, Hy-Vee Hall, and Community Choice Credit Union Convention Center. The complex is flexible to meet the needs of events of all types and sizes. It is well-suited for conventions, meetings, tradeshows, sporting, social and entertainment events from 10,000–17,100 people. You can learn more about our venue here: http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/
Under general direction, the Facility Engineer performs advanced journey level and leadwork duties in the technical operation, maintenance and repair of steam generating boilers, electrical generating equipment and auxiliary systems, and centralized air-conditioning systems of a widely dispersed building complex with numerous individual
physical plants; performs related work as required. Thi job is located at the Iowa Events Center. To learn more please visit: http://www.iowaeventscenter.com/
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
▪ Oversees the operation, maintenance and repair of plant equipment and auxiliary systems; recommends operational methods and procedures
▪ Operates diesel powered electrical generator to provide emergency electrical power during power outages or curtailment
▪ Participates in the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment, minor electrical and plumbing repairs to expedite the return of equipment or auxiliary systems to operational status
▪ Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment and auxiliary systems; oils and lubricates fans, motors, pumps and generators, cleans screens, strainers, burners and automatic controls
▪ Track daily productivity via allocation sheets, daily logs and micro main.
▪ Communicate arrival, location and departure with lead Engineer
▪ Clearly, effectively and timely communicate work issues with staff
▪ Blows down the boilers to lower the concentration of suspended and dissolved solids of the water and to check the low water cutoff and automatic controls.
▪ Makes chemical tests of boiler feed water to determine its’ alkalinity, chlorides, hardness and pH level, and to prevent scaling, pitting of boiler tubes and buildup of sludge deposits.
▪ Repairs boilers, water pumps, fans and motors and replaces defective parts in accordance with provisions of prescribed preventative maintenance.
▪ Provide timely and effective communication with management and staff on building needs
▪ Performs some, but less than the full range of supervisory functions
▪ Provides excellent customer service assistance to all internal and external clients
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employee in the Lead Engineer role will frequently need to oversee other part time staff; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients. Ability to use a computer in a Windows format, some typing ability for email, and other means of communication is required. Employee will occasionally use office equipment such as calculators, copy machines, printers, telephone.
While performing duties of the job, the employee frequently lifts and moves facility equipment and/or tools. Employee will
constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with
internal/external clients and verify the work completion; position will require employee to frequently bend, stoop, or crouch in
order to evaluate and inspect equipment and building infrastructure. Employee will as needed, operate fork lift and or high
lift in assessment of, and maintenance of, the building and equipment. Employee will occasionally be required to identify or
match colors/tones of wire, wood, paint or other equipment. Employee will frequently throughout maintenance, operations,
and business demands lift up to 50 pounds, push/pull up to 150 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors (75%) and frequently outdoors (25%) in the weather
conditions prevalent at the time. Indoor conditions are moderately cold during hockey season. The noise level in
the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and when not operating equipment.
The work environment is moderate to very loud during event days and when equipment is in operation. The
employee is consistently available & constantly communicating by company radio on shift.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.