- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university in Business, Sports Management, or related field
- Minimum of two to four years of increasingly responsible retail experience
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and 'people' skills
- A strong commitment to customer service
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations
- Confidence, drive and enthusiasm
- Experience in skate sharpening and skate repair
- Decision-making ability and a sense of responsibility
- The ability to understand and analyze sales figures
- Sound business sense
- An understanding of retail laws, security and health and safety
Intellectual/Social, Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will constantly be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, being able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, etc; occasionally moves about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly moves about the arena and event sites before, during and after events to service clients and supervise staff; constantly communicates via telephone, email and in-person with others to exchange accurate information.
- The essential functions of this position are usually performed indoors and occasionally outdoors in the weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environments can range from minimal to loud during events depending on the employee’s location, and is minimal during non-event times.
Comcast Spectacor is an Equal Opportunity Employment Employer